Stoker VI
Mit fyr: Scotte m. woody chip.
Areal: 160
Brændsel: Træpiller
Fremviser gerne i postnummer: 4250
Geografisk sted: Omkring 4250 Fuglebjerg

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af Juel »

Arhh thats why then :) ok ill try the dbus way, right now i made a not so intelligent workaround, so my house isent Cold later :D
I though it was something about collisions, but didn't know how to make it Work in another way :) So thanks, i looove your project, it runs rock sable, way better than the original crap sw :D

And as you say, it much more fun to make it, instead of using the Calculate functions :)

Your welcome for the share, it is not finished, and not that complicated ;)

Thanks for your help, its MUCH appreciated :)

pso
Stoker XIV
Stoker XIV
Mit fyr: Woody Mini 2011 model
Areal: 150+30
Brændsel: Fågelfors/Varga/Bella 8mm
Fremviser gerne i postnummer: 2770
Dagligt forbrug: 18,6 for november
Årligt forbrug: ca 5200kg
Geografisk sted: 2770 Kastrup
Blevet takket: 5 gange

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af pso »

As this thread is allready long an my projects is on a different HW I have made a new thread please see
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=21506
Brugeravatar
motoz
Stoker IV
Stoker IV
Mit fyr: BioComfort 30kW + termax 25cr
Geografisk sted: Ostrobothnia
Blevet takket: 11 gange
Kontakt:

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af motoz »

I have started implementing real time updates of the parameter/data view in in PellMon using a websocket in the github branch 'feature/websockets', and on top of that I also started experimenting with a 'system image' in branch 'feature/processimage'.

The system/process image is a regular svg picture file that can be edited by any svg-capable vector drawing program, I use the free and excellent Inkscape. The nice thing about this system image view is that you can add any available data to it just by editing the image file, any text field that is tagged with an 'id' in the form 'paramname:xxxx' where xxxx is the name of a data item will be automatically updated in real time using a websocket connection whenever the data changes, so there is no polling involved and the battery drain on mobile is quite small. The font, size, color, orientation of the text will be as it is set in the drawing program, and of course the 'background' can be freely edited to match each and every setup. And since it is an svg it scales nicely to any screen size, especially nice on a mobile.

Using inkscape a text field is tagged simply by right-clicking on it and changing the 'id' field it the dialog to eg. "paramname:smoke_temp".

This is all quite experimental still, but it works at least on an updated firefox/chrome on the desktop and on firefox on mobile. Just thought I could mention it if there are any early adopters here that know their way around javascript, it still needs a lot of work and testing before it can be merged to the 'master' version.

Also include in this feature branch is a two column layout for the frontpage that collapses automatically to single column on smaller displays, the system image got a little too big with a single column layout (that's a quickly drawn 'generic pellet burner/boiler'):
Billede
PellMon open source pellet logger at https://github.com/motoz/PellMon
Juel
Stoker VI
Stoker VI

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af Juel »

Wow that looks awesome!! :D After I have set up my own heatcontroller on my PI, one thing im missing is a longer event log :/ Is that posible?
Brugeravatar
motoz
Stoker IV
Stoker IV
Kontakt:

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af motoz »

You mean more than the 150 latest events shown on the view log page? The event log length is actually unbounded, the log viewer just doesn't have a way to navigate it. Would be nice to have at least 'next', 'previous', 'go to date', which would be quite simple to implement. Even better some filtering and dynamic search, it just needs to be done... And the event viewer on the frontpage should be 'real time' updated also, when I have the websockets thing sorted out that one should be quick.

Did you get your heat controller working over dbus by the way?

Also forgot to mention that the websocket/systemimage proto needs an additional python module "ws4py" which is not included in the current raspbian repositories. It's easiest to install it from the python package index with "sudo pip install ws4py"

Juel
Stoker VI
Stoker VI

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af Juel »

Haha i have forgot about the log page ;) But yes sometimes that would be good, i fill the 150 up pretty quickly :)

I use this option for reading and writing to the pellet controller:
proc = subprocess.Popen(['pellmoncli.py', 'set', 'boiler_temp_set', '70'], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
(out, err) = proc.communicate()

And it Works flawlessly, thanks :)

Ok I hope I have some time to upgrade this comming weekend :)
Juel
Stoker VI
Stoker VI

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af Juel »

YES finally had the time to install the latest version ;) I reinstalled my Pi, cuz of a SD Card error :(

Ohh well i now god the new version, but i have two problems with it:
1: I cant login even after setting my own user and password, it gives me a: "Incorrect username or password."
2: Silo level just gives me a "bad Picture error :/

But i LOOVE the new feature, where I can select what info I want to see, on the live graph!! :)

Kind regards
Morten
Brugeravatar
motoz
Stoker IV
Stoker IV
Kontakt:

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af motoz »

Hmm, I can't really think of any reason for login to fail. So you did a clean install of PellMon on a fresh raspbian install? That of course rules out any upgrade problems. Possibly you might have some kind of error in the configuration file, pellmon is not yet that tolerant of errors in the configuration file. You can still get pellmonsrv to crash from errors in the configuration file, possibly pellmonweb too.

The silo level graph will show up as a broken link if the silo level plugin is not running, does this line '- INFO - activated plugin SiloLevel ' show up in the event log?

Which branch did you install? The featue/processimage branch should be quite stable but it's a bit old. I merged it back to feature/websockets and continued development of the websocket use there, but it's not ready for merging to develop yet, let alone to master.

You could try shutting down both daemons with
sudo service pellmonsrv stop
sudo service pellmonweb stop

and then run them in debug mode from your source checkout in /src:
sudo ./debugsrv.sh
and in a second terminal
sudo ./debugweb.sh
(these 'quick debug' scripts work if you have installed PellMon, they use the config file from /etc/PellMon.. and they make use of the SYSTEM dbus so you have to start them with sudo so they can su to the correct system users that have permissions set up for SYSTEM bus use)

Possibly some helpful errors are shown, if not you could add some 'print' statements here and there.

About the sd card error, if you haven't done that it's a good idea to set up pellmon to use a ramdisk when running on an sd card, there is a guide on the wiki: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon/wiki/H ... perry%20Pi , then at least PellMon will be easy on the sd card but of course there could be others who write too often.

Anyway, cool that the system image works! When this feature is ready there need to be at least a parameter with path/to/picture.svg, so you can modify the parameter to use your own picture. Maybe a couple of default pictures could be added also, with some selection of extra stuff around the boiler.
Juel
Stoker VI
Stoker VI

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af Juel »

Hi :)

I Found the login error.. as a username I have used a Capital letter, thats ok, but if i use the Capital letter when loggin in, then it dont Work..

Yes the silo level writes this in the log:
2014-04-13 20:12:42,046 - INFO - activated plugin SiloLevel

My system is running af http://pillefyr.starchild.dk

Hmm im only running the master, so no system image :( I totally forgot about that im my SD Card crash frustration.. Can i upgrade/downgrade to featue/processimage branch without much hassel, i would really want to try the image feature :)

Im allready running with a ramdrive to spare the SD :)

Ill try the debugging, to see if i can find the silo image error then :)

Again thanks for this amazing projekt :D
Brugeravatar
motoz
Stoker IV
Stoker IV
Kontakt:

Raspberry Pi

Indlæg af motoz »

Oh, that's a bug then, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to use Capitals in a username. Someone is lowercasing it, probably the config file parser...

And now that you can log in, what about the reset level and reset time silo level parameters? Try changing the reset level, then the time should reset to 'today' automatically, if it's somehow corrupted. Oh, btw, it might be that it needs to be set once to work at all, the default value might not work... :oops: Forgot again that you just did a clean install...

Upgrading is a peace of cake...(not really but almost...) just follow the guide: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon/wiki/H ... %20PellMon, and I think you should use the feature/websocket branch, at least to begin with.

Edit:
Forgot.. Nice to see PellMon in the wild! Btw a user contributed a guide how to set up fail2ban for pellmon to block off evil people trying to log in, it's in the wiki. Maybe that could be useful since you have your system on the net.

Besvar