Stoker I
Mit fyr: OPOP 16kw
Areal: 200
Brændsel: Pillar
Geografisk sted: Fyn

Hjælpe mig.....

Indlæg af flees » 25 okt 2009 09:59

God dag,
First can I apologise to write in English... my written Danish is no so good.

My question, I have swapped out a Roca P30 kedel and have put in a Opop 16kw. :) This has worked ok for a week now and saved 10kg a day in pellets!! I wanted to see how easy it was to clean and shut the burner down in the normal way. I cleaned the kedel and also move the electrical supply to the control box (Woody) and pump as the unit is going to mounted on the wall in a different position from before. Due to way the cables were run in the room I had to disconnect the cable from the Woody control box to the burner. I made a note of the way they were connected and replaced them in the same way. When I fired up the Woody control box the burner made a buzzing noise (50hz mains) and then knocked the power out at the fuse panel. I checked my connections again and used a meter to make sure they were connected to the right pins on the plug on the top of the burner unit. Checking an Installation PDF file, NBE Wood Pellets Burner Bio Comfort, that I down loaded from the Net. This appears to be the only one that is available so I assume that this is the correct one. I noticed the colour coding of some of the cables connected to the two motors on the circuit board that is in the burner are not in the correct place to that shown on the PDF circuit diagram, but as it has been working ok in the past so maybe this is not a problem. I think the motor that turns the screw in the burner is a Phase Shift one, so could the condenser that is connected to it be the problem? So the motor does not see a shift in the phase and then does not turn, this draws a lot of current and makes the buzzing noise then knocks the fuses out. I think the blower motor is not the problem but I could be wrong of course.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with this type of problem as I cannot see where I have gone wrong.

I thank you in advance.

Fraser

Brugeravatar
Falck
Stoker XIV
Stoker XIV
Mit fyr: Ekoheat 1500
Areal: 230 i 1 plan
Brændsel: Træpiller, solfanger + solceller
Årligt forbrug: 6000 kg
Geografisk sted: Ødsted
Modtaget likes: 1 gang
Kontakt:

Re: Hjælpe mig.....

Indlæg af Falck » 25 okt 2009 11:06

Here are a pic of the rigth way too mount the wire in the control box. Is that mountet that way???
flees skrev:God dag,
First can I apologise to write in English... my written Danish is no so good.

My question, I have swapped out a Roca P30 kedel and have put in a Opop 16kw. :) This has worked ok for a week now and saved 10kg a day in pellets!! I wanted to see how easy it was to clean and shut the burner down in the normal way. I cleaned the kedel and also move the electrical supply to the control box (Woody) and pump as the unit is going to mounted on the wall in a different position from before. Due to way the cables were run in the room I had to disconnect the cable from the Woody control box to the burner. I made a note of the way they were connected and replaced them in the same way. When I fired up the Woody control box the burner made a buzzing noise (50hz mains) and then knocked the power out at the fuse panel. I checked my connections again and used a meter to make sure they were connected to the right pins on the plug on the top of the burner unit. Checking an Installation PDF file, NBE Wood Pellets Burner Bio Comfort, that I down loaded from the Net. This appears to be the only one that is available so I assume that this is the correct one. I noticed the colour coding of some of the cables connected to the two motors on the circuit board that is in the burner are not in the correct place to that shown on the PDF circuit diagram, but as it has been working ok in the past so maybe this is not a problem. I think the motor that turns the screw in the burner is a Phase Shift one, so could the condenser that is connected to it be the problem? So the motor does not see a shift in the phase and then does not turn, this draws a lot of current and makes the buzzing noise then knocks the fuses out. I think the blower motor is not the problem but I could be wrong of course.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with this type of problem as I cannot see where I have gone wrong.

I thank you in advance.

Fraser
Vedhæftede filer
DSC01423.JPG
Jan Falck
Scottedoktor.dk
VVS Eksperten, Hedensted

flees
Stoker I
Stoker I

Indlæg af flees » 25 okt 2009 12:06

Hej Falck
Thank you for your reply.
My control box is an older one than yours, 4 years maybe so I do not have the same number of connections. I enclose photo of mine the wirses are all black and number. They are connected to the plug that goes into the top of the burner on the correct pins andthe numbers correspond to the wiring diagram I have.
Vedhæftede filer
PA259940.JPG

flees
Stoker I
Stoker I

Indlæg af flees » 25 okt 2009 15:59

flees skrev:Hej Falck
Thank you for your reply.
My control box is an older one than yours, 4 years maybe so I do not have the same number of connections. I enclose photo of mine the wirses are all black and number. They are connected to the plug that goes into the top of the burner on the correct pins andthe numbers correspond to the wiring diagram I have.
A quick update to anyone following this.
I have swapped out the 0.8uf capacitor on the snail stepping motor and still the same result. Disconnecting this motor allows the control unit to boot up and once it has settled down it indicates that the plug is disconnected on the burner which what I would have expected as it sees something is missing. I think I need to loan a burner unit and see if this works ok. The problem would then appear from what I can see to be the stepping motor :(

Fraser

flees
Stoker I
Stoker I

Indlæg af flees » 28 okt 2009 15:01

Falck skrev:Here are a pic of the rigth way too mount the wire in the control box. Is that mountet that way???
Hej Falck,
Right I run again which is nice!! :)
The problem was due to me reading the circuit diagram for the wiring the in the wrong way. I thought that the diagram of the burner board was looking from the top. So if a wire was connected to a pin on the left hand side of the plug viewed from the top this would be on the oppsite side (right) if viewed from the bottom. Connectiong the wires up viewing from the bottom of the board has everything working again correctly. When my original boiler was put in the electrician must coupled it up so that it worked and not as per the diagram, this why all the numbers on the cables were in the wrong positions in the control box. Anyway now sorted-

Thank you for your advice.

Kind regards

Fraser

Besvar